Celebrate Lincoln #SausageFest with half-price sausages!
The Lincolnshire Sausage Festival is an annual festival that celebrates… Well, Lincolnshire sausages. Each year, the city celebrates the Lincolnshire sausage with visitors tucking into more than 30,000 individual sausages on the day. Since we can’t be in Lincoln, we’re bringing Lincoln to the people of Brisbane. This Saturday 14 October get festive and whip up some sausages using the recipe below!
If that all seems like way too much hassle, we have your back. On Saturday 14 October for ONE DAY ONLY, Pig ‘N’ Whistle Brunswick Street are offering 50% off their famous Lincolnshire sausages! Simply head here for lunch and or here for dinner and select the option for $13 Lincolnshire sausages. Because who doesn’t love a good #SausageFest?
Lincolnshire Sausages Recipe
- 600g pork shoulder
- 2g Sausage casing
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 30g coarse salt
- 15g coarse ground black pepper
- 1.5g sage (about 1/4 of a bunch)
- Make a brine by adding salt and some spice (like coriander seeds and fennel seeds) to water and cover the minced meat for 24-48 hours before making your Lincolnshire sausage. Strain the brine after this period.
- Ensure you have your casing prepared prior to making your home-made sausages. You’ll need 2m length and 32mm thick collagen casing.
- Mince your pork shoulder then transfer to a large mixing bowl or clean surface
- Combine with your breadcrumbs and seasonings. Mix well, adding water to help bind the ingredients together.
- Fit your medium stuffing tube to your mincer (unless you have a dedicated stuffer in which case use that) and slowly stuff the mixture into your soaked hog casings until you’ve filled all of them. Twist the sausages into links every 4cm and leave to rest for up to 4 days before cooking or freezing. This will allow the sausages to mature.
- Fry or grill your Lincolnshire sausages and serve them with anything you like!
Terms and conditions
Half-price offer valid via orders through UberEATS only. Only available from Pig ‘N’ Whistle Brunswick Street and not with any other offer